Seed starting indoors
Whether you want to get an early start on the season while weather is still too unpredictable to safely sow seeds outdoors, you want to start seeds safely away from garden pests, or you want to plant seeds that will need special care and coddling, here are some tips on starting seeds indoors.
- Use sterile soil and containers.
- Read the instructions on any packet of seeds you might be using.
- Add sand or perlite to plants that need especially good drainage.
- Do not let the soil dry out at any point, but don’t keep it soggy either.
- Using a clear dome cover on most vegetable seeds and ornamentals will help heighten humidity to help with germination.
- Give seeds the best light you can, but don’t place a covered seed tray in full sun where temperatures are likely to overheat quickly.
- Regularly check seeds for moisture, pests and fungus.
No related posts.
One Response to Seed starting indoors
Amazon Carousel Widget