Gardening gifts for chaparral gardeners
Whether you are looking for gifts for gardening friends and family for the holidays or for a birthday there are some gifts that will always be appreciated by the chaparral gardener. Gardeners love anything that will make their job more comfortable and fun. Most like something with an unusual twist so they can show it off. Here is a little list of some thoughts that make help you come up with ideas of your own for gifts.
For bigger budgets:
- Greenhouses large and small allow more year round growing, especially with the extreme temperatures of the chaparral.
- Big toys: mowers, edgers and other power tools make the big jobs easy.
- Solar panels and underground water storage tanks are ideal for the Eco-friendly gardener.
- Compost bins come in a number of sizes and shapes and make garden clean-up easier.
- Look for little solar powered gadgets like lights, pond aerators and pest deterrents that are solar powered for sustainable gardening.
- Buy a smart irrigation controller to save the bother of turning on and off systems and to help lower water bills in our dry chaparral summers.
For the imaginative:
- Miniature gardens allow creative gardeners to design and grow the smallest of spaces – even if they have no garden.
- Pond kits and fountains make wonderful decorations and add cool effects in hot months.
- Gadgets like electric digging tools, garden hose holders or power clippers can be fun and helpful.
- Herb gardens: most grow well in our full sun, hungry soil and warm temperatures.
The little stuff:
- Moo Poo tea is the latest way to organically feed indoor and outdoor plants organically.
- Books offer something on any subject a gardener could wish.
- Garden shoes keep feet from tracking in summer garden dust and winter mud.
Things you might not have considered:
- Look for artistic garden clothing or fun tee shirts.
- Consider a visit to one a public garden as a gift of relaxation and a chance to share and learn garden ideas that are perfect for the chaparral landscape.
- If you know your plants, offer the gift of a rare plant or interesting conversation piece.
The easy way:
- If in doubt, buy a gift certificate to your gardener’s favorite garden center, mail order catalog or website and let your friend or family member do the choosing.
- Hire a professional garden designer or garden consultant for the gift of a landscape/garden consult.
One Response to Gardening gifts for chaparral gardeners
Leave a Reply
Amazon Carousel Widget